Investigative Due Diligence / Background Checks
Aren't all fund manager background checks created equal? At Corgentum we don't think so.
Customized Investigations With You In Mind
Our investigative due diligence solutions are designed with the needs of investors and operational due diligence analysts in mind. Key ways our process is unique include:
- In-house investigations - While others may outsource the background investigation process entirely, we coordinate all investigations in-house. Why? It ensures consistent quality in the process.
- Proprietary negative information screens - Our unique screens highlight the biggest background risks, rather than drown you in meaningless data
- Actionable risk ratings - Our risk ratings and analysis help to interpret different investigative findings based on their severity
- Fast turnaround time - Initial results can typically be produced in hours, not days
Comprehensive Background Checks
Corgenutm's investigative due diligence compliments our operational due diligence research by diving deeper across five core background and reputational risk areas:
- Criminal checks
- Litigation searches
- Regulatory research
- Factual information review and confirmation (i.e. - previous employment, educational background)
- News and social media reviews
Global CoverageJust like our operational due diligence work, we perform background searches on a global basis. This includes research across major hedge fund centers such as the US, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands.
Additional Investigative Services
- Social Media and expanded Web searches – analysis and monitoring of social media related to funds and key personnel including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, deep web and dark web searches
- Ongoing investigative monitoring – Stay on top of new background developments with global watchlist notifications including monitoring of traditional media, court filings, regulatory and arrest records
- Flash reports – red flag report findings available in hours, not days. Useful as a first level screen to learn of any critical background issues prior to dedicating further resources to the operational due diligence process
- Negative information screens – Data driven proprietary filters that highlight the biggest background risks, rather than drowning investors in meaningless data
- Monitoring flexibility – Options for frequent ongoing report updates including monthly, quarterly and annual investigation options
An Integrated ApproachIn addition to offering stand alone investigations, we find our clients can also benefit by combining their background investigation and operational due diligence research under our industry leading proprietary integrated approach.