November 13, 2020
Signup For the Next Corgentum Webinar - New Strategies For Adapting Investor Operational Due Diligence Post-Coronavirus
Corgentum Consulting announced today a new webinar focused on approaches for investors to customize the operational due diligence (ODD) process to adapt to changes in the asset management industry as a result of Covid-19. The webinar session will take place on Thursday November 19, 2020 beginning at 10:30am EST.
Essential alternative investment ODD topics to be discussed during the webinar include:
- Investor strategies for conducting off-site virtual ODD reviews including:
- Approaches to negotiating the screen sharing and transmission of digital documentation that managers may previously not have shared outside the office
- Discussion of whether investors should perform multiple topic specific virtual ODD reviews in key operational risk areas including compliance, back office, information technology, treasury or instead, group topics together?
- Considerations for developing system demonstrations with a focus on operational process evidence production
- Analysis of how to create efficient virtual meeting agendas
- Should the frequency of virtual ODD reviews increase as compared to in-person reviews?
- Understanding the Covid impact on hedge fund and private equity operations
- What should post-Covid ODD policies and operational risk management procedures look like?
- New investor approaches towards automating document collection, employing quantitative analysis, big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) into ODD
- Understanding the changing role of fund service providers including the administrator, auditor, compliance consultant, prime broker, legal counsel, information technology consultant, and third-party valuation agents
- Perspectives on re-evaluating investor ODD budgets due to reduced travel costs including increasing spending and customization on background checks
- Executing information technology and cybersecurity focused audits on alternative investment fund managers that increasingly rely on remote hosting and cloud based software
- Analyzing the different impact, the Coronavirus has had on fund manager operations in the US, Asia and Europe
Space for this webinar is limited. Priority access will be provided to premium subscribers of Corgentum's monthly newsletter, Due Diligence News . If you are not already a premium subscriber of our newsletter you can contact us to learn more.
October 20, 2020
CAIA's AllAboutAlpha.com Blog Features Corgentum's Scharfman Discussing Alternative Investment Operation Trends
The Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) association's blog, AllAboutAlpha.com today featured a guest post from Corgentum Consulting Managing Partner Jason Scharfman on trends in alternative investment operations.In the post entitled, Why Alternative Investment Operations Still Matter, Mr. Scharfman discusses both broad trends in fund operations as well as outlines the increasing rigor of investor operational due diligence (ODD) reviews. Other topics covered in the post include:
- Distinguishing between operations best practices and industry standardization
- Analyzing fund administration trends in hedge funds and private equity managers
- The impact of Covid-19 on alternative investment fund operations management
- Recent regulatory changes impacting fund compliance, governance and reporting
- Trends in the management and oversight of cash for fund managers
- ODD considerations for small fund managers with less robust operational infrastructure compared to their larger peers
September 15, 2020
Corgentum Announces Release of New Book: Alternative Investment Operations: Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Fund of Funds
Corgentum Consulting announced today the release of a new book by Managing Partner Jason Scharfman. Alternative Investment Operations: Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Fund of Funds provides current and practical guidance on the foundations of how alternative investment managers build and manage their operations. Topics covered include areas such has trade operations, cash management, valuations, fund service provider operations, fund accounting, cybersecurity, governance and regulatory compliance.Topics covered include:
- Overview of the core elements of an alternative investment managers operational framework
- Analysis of the unique aspects of hedge funds, private equity and fund of funds operations
- Operational procedures supporting trade operations ranging from execution and settlement to reconciliation
- Role of the treasury function including cash management and movement policies and processes
- Analysis of regulatory compliance and governance considerations in designing and managing alternative investment fund manager operations
- Considerations for ongoing operations management, training, surveillance and testing
- Case studies and demonstrative examples of operational best practices and failures
To learn more about this book and order a copy please visit the publisher's website.
February 4, 2020
Are You Customizing Operational Due Diligence For Hedge Funds and Private Equity? - Signup For Our Next Webinar To Learn More
Corgentum Consulting announced today a new webinar about approaches for investors to customize the operational due diligence (ODD) process for alternative investment managers including hedge funds and private equity. The webinar session will take place on Wednesday February 12, 2020 beginning at 10:30am EST.
Key alternative investment ODD topics to be discussed during the webinar include:
- Techniques to customize the operational due diligence process for different hedge fund strategies including equity, quantitative funds, debt and private credit
- Analyzing how the 2020 Examination Priorities of the US SEC Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations influence fund manager compliance and operations analysis
- Designing and maintaining private equity specific operational due diligence process
- Customizing information technology operations, and cybersecurity analysis for fund managers of different sizes and strategies
- Approaches towards incorporating RegTech tools, big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) and into the investor due diligence process
Please signup here for the webinar .
Signup space for this webinar is limited, and priority access will be provided to premium subscribers of Corgentum's monthly newsletter, Due Diligence News . If you are not already a premium subscriber of our newsletter you can contact us to learn more.
January 17 , 2020
Journal of Alternative Investments Features Corgentum's Operational Due Diligence Research
The most recent issue of the Journal of Alternative Investments (JAI) has published an article written by Corgentum Consulting Managing Partner Jason Scharfman. The article, Analysis of Three Emerging Trends in Limited Partner Operational Due Diligence focuses analyzing three key trends that have emerged among investors performing operational due diligence (ODD) reviews on third-party fund managers. Specifically, the three trends discussed on the article are:
- Increase in the scope of ODD reviews
- Expansion of the depth of ODD reviews
- Movement toward integration of ODD and investigative due diligence processes
One of the key findings from the article is that operational due diligence continues to receive more resources and attention from both investors and fund managers. Other findings include that investors are increasingly performing more frequent and rigorous operational due diligence reviews as fund operations have increased in complexity. The full article is available in the current issue of the Journal of Alternative Investments (Winter 2020, Volume 22, Issue 3).